The Fourth of July commemorates the United States’ declaration of independence from the United Kingdom, and one of the most engaging ways to celebrate is to observe people consuming mountains of hot dogs.
While many Americans will commemorate the Fourth of July on Tuesday by attending cookouts or fireworks displays, others will enjoy the Nathan’s Famous International Hot Dog Eating Contest.
Here’s everything to know about the 2023 Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest, from how to watch, live stream TV channel and the best way to stream the famous eating contest from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and anywhere around the globe, yes! without cable and VPN.
2023 Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest:
The Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest is slated for Tuesday, July 4. Coverage of the women’s competition starts at 10:45 a.m. ET. The men’s competition will follow at 12 p.m. ET.
Time: 10:45 a.m. ET
Where: Coney Island (Brooklyn, N.Y.)
Channel: ESPN2, ESPN3
Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest Rules and Prize
Here are the contest rules for the Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest:
- Participation: The event has been managed by Major League Eating (MLE) since 1997. Currently, participants must be under contract with MLE to compete. Alongside past champions and special MLE invitees, aspiring eaters can qualify for the event through other preliminary contests.
- Duration: The contest takes place over a 10-minute period. Participants must consume as many Nathan’s Famous hot dogs in buns as they can within this time frame.
- Scorekeeping: Each contestant is assigned a dedicated scorekeeper who keeps track of the number of hot dogs consumed during the contest.
- Permitted Items: Water and other beverages are allowed and can be consumed to facilitate the pace of eating. Condiments are also permitted, although contestants generally choose not to use them.
- Partially Eaten Hot Dogs: Any hot dog that has been partially consumed counts towards the final tally. Similarly, hot dogs that are still being chewed at the end of regulation time can qualify, as long as they are successfully swallowed.
- Rules Enforcement: Penalty cards may be issued for messy eating and regurgitation.
- Tiebreaker: In the event of a tie at the end of regulation time, sudden death eat-offs will be implemented to determine the winner.
As for the prizes:
- First Place: $10,000
- Second Place: $5,000
- Third Place: $2,500
- Fourth Place: $1,500
- Fifth Place: $1,000
Additionally, the top male competitor is awarded a mustard yellow bedazzled belt, while the top female competitor receives a pink mustard bedazzled belt. These belts symbolize their achievements in the contest.
How to watch Nathan’s hot dog eating contest on TV and Live Stream anywhere
On July 4th, several events will take place featuring the thrilling Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest. Here are the details for each competition:
- Women’s Competition: The women’s contest will be streamed live on the ESPN app, starting at 10:45 a.m. Eastern Time (ET). Tune in to witness the impressive skills of the female competitors as they take on the challenge.
- Men’s Competition: The men’s contest will commence at noon ET and will be broadcasted on ESPN2. Additionally, you can catch the action-packed event on the ESPN app for a seamless streaming experience. Brace yourself for an intense battle among the male participants as they strive for victory.
Viewers can be watch the greatest Fourth July mega sports event by joining here, not only the Famous Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest, you will able to get access the Macy’s Independent fireworks free at your home.