The CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers match between Chile and Paraguay will be played at Estadio Monumental David Arellano in Macul, Chile. It will kick off at 7:30 pm ET on November 16 in the United States (US).
How to watch Chile vs Paraguay Live on TV anywhere?
|Date:||November 16, 2023|
|Kick-off time:||7:30 pm ET|
|Live Stream Anywhere||WATCH LIVE|
The game is available to watch and stream online live through FANATIZ ($29.99) PPV, while fans who are not interested to watch the game by paying monthly subscription and who are not able to watch for GEO restriction please check NextMirror, that would be available from anywhere without cable.
Chile vs Paraguay Head-to-Head
Both teams have registered just one win apiece in four games in the qualifying campaign thus far, suffering two defeats. The hosts are in eighth place in the qualifying standings, trailing the visitors only on goal difference as both teams have four points to their name.
The hosts lost 3-0 away to Venezuela in their previous outing. Marcelino Núñez picked up two yellow cards after being subbed in at the beginning of the second half and will serve a one-match suspension.
The visitors, meanwhile, registered their first win of the qualifying campaign last time around as Antonio Sanabria’s 69th-minute strike helped them beat Bolivia 1-0 at home.
- The two teams have a long-standing rivalry and have met 67 times in all competitions since 1922. They have contested these games closely, with the hosts having a 30-28 lead in wins and just nine games ending in draws.
- They last met in a friendly in March earlier this year, with the visitors recording a 3-2 win.
- The visitors have the second-best defensive record in the qualifying campaign, conceding just two goals in four games. On the flip side, they have the second-worst attacking record in the campaign as well, scoring just once in four games.
- Chile have the second-worst defensive record in the qualifiers, conceding six times in four games, with all goals coming in away games.
- Paraguay have seen under 2.5 goals in 10 of their last 11 games in all competitions.
- The visitors have failed to score in six of their last nine games in all competitions.
- The hosts registered a 3-0 win on aggregate when the two teams met in the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers in 2021.
Chile team news
Midfielder Marcelino Nunez is suspended following his red card in the Venezuela loss, with Arturo Vidal and Charles Aranguiz omitted from the squad for the qualifying games in November.
As such, Erick Pulgar can feature alongside Rodrigo Echeverria and Victor Mendez in the middle, while Paulo Diaz is likely to join Gary Medel at center-back.
Meanwhile, center-forward Alexis Sanchez will be supported by Ben Brereton Diaz from the left wing.
Chile possible XI: Cortes; Loyola, Diaz, Medel, Suazo; Pulgar, Echeverria, Mendez; Davila, Sanchez, Brereton Diaz.
|Goalkeepers:||Arias, Cortes, De Paul|
|Defenders:||Medel, Maripan, Diaz, Suazo, Catalan, Loyola, Zaldivia, Galdames|
|Midfielders:||Pulgar, Mendez, Echeverria, Osorio, Canales, Perez, Pizarro|
|Forwards:||Sanchez, Brereton Diaz, Aravena, Davila, Guerrero, Pizarro|
Paraguay team news
Newcastle winger Miguel Almiron is out injured, as Oscar Cardozo has been called up to the squad.
However, Antonio Sanabria should continue upfront with Kaku filling up for Almiron in the number 10 position.
With Richard Sanchez and Mathias Villasanti in midfield, Fabian Balbuena may once again lose his place to Omar Alderete alongside captain Gustavo Gomez at the back.
Paraguay possible XI: Carlos; Espinoza, Alderete, Gomez, Alonso; Villasanti, Sanchez; Villalba, Kaku, Avalos; Sanabria.
|Goalkeepers:||Coronel, S. Rojas, Espinola|
|Defenders:||G. Gomez, Alonso, Balbuena, R. Rojas, Alderete, Espinoza, Caceres, N. Gimenez|
|Midfielders:||Sanchez, Villasanti, Kaku, M. Rojas, Cubas, G. Gimenez, D. Gomez, Sosa, Campuzano, Galarza, Cabellero, Leguizamon|
|Forwards:||Cardozo, Sanabria, Avalos, Bareiro|