Happy new year 2024, the Rose parade theme is “Celebrating a World of Music: The Universal Language.” The 135th Rose Bowl Parade will feature performances from David Archuleta, Cassadee Pope, Michelle Williams, Rush Davi, Straight No Chaser and Jordan Sparks.
In this article, we will show the secret tips and tricks how to watch 2024 Rose Bowl Parade including Rose Bowl game: Michigan vs. Alabama football without cable and VPN without paying monthly subscription.
When is the Rose Bowl Parade?
The 2024 Rose Parade and Rose Bowl game will take place on Monday, Jan. 1, 2024.
What time does the 2024 Rose Bowl Parade start?
The Rose Parade (presented by Honda) will be broadcast live at 11 a.m. ET/ 8 a.m. PT.
What channel is the Rose Parade on?
The 2024 Rose Bowl Parade and Tournament of Roses will air on ABC and NBC, local channels that you may already have access to if you’re able to watch live TV. Don’t have access to ABC or NBC? Here’s how we recommend watching the 2024 Tournament of Roses Parade.
Which celebrities will perform at the event?
This year’s parade will be hosted by CBS anchor Jericka Duncan, Nickelodeon and Disney actor Gabrielle Elyse and 17-year-old “Dance Moms” star Pressley Hosbach.
- Audra McDonald: The Tony, Grammy and Emmy award-winning actress will serve as the parade’s grand marshal, an honorary position selected by the president of the Tournament of the Roses Association for their contributions to the parade’s theme.
- Jordin Sparks: The Grammy-nominated singer and winner of Season 6 of “American Idol” will close out the parade’s grand finale. Sparks has toured with Britney Spears, Alicia Keys and the Jonas Brothers.
- Michelle Williams: The Grammy Award-winning R&B singer and former member of Destiny’s Child will help kick off the parade from Honda’s “Keep Dreaming Float,” performing in the center of a giant rose. She will be joined by “American Idol” star David Archuleta, “The Voice” 2012 winner Cassadee Pope and musical artist Rush Davis.
- Straight No Chaser: The Illinois a capella group, known for blending blues and jazz with country and rock, will perform on the Enjoy Illinois float midparade.
- Alexander Star: The Emmy-nominated songwriter will perform an anthem dedicated to Fort Lauderdale midparade, while standing atop a float designed by destination marketing organization Visit Lauderdale
The Rose Bowl, the “granddaddy of them all,” was first played on Jan. 1, 1902, at Tournament Park. It was not exactly a thriller, as top-ranked Michigan trounced Stanford 49-0. It was started as the centerpiece to the “Tournament of Roses,” a yearly festival put on by the Valley Hunt Club that began in 1890. Before the advent of the football game, the parade staged events like tugs-of-war, polo matches and even greased-pig catching.
The inaugural game was such a blowout that the Rose Bowl did not return for 14 years. In its place, parade organizers staged chariot races and even ostrich races. However, in 1916, it returned as Washington State beat Brown 14-0. Seven years later, due to the popularity of the yearly game, the Rose Bowl Stadium was built in Pasadena.
When to watch the Rose Bowl game
The Alabama Crimson Tide face the Michigan Wolverines in the college football playoff semifinal at the Rose Bowl. The game will be played Monday, Jan. 1, 2024 at 5:00 p.m ET (2:00 p.m. PT). You can watch the game on PremiumTV anywhere.